DIALYSIS MACHINE : GAMBRO
Gambro is a global medical technology company and a leader in developing, manufacturing and supplying products, therapies and services for In-center Care and Self Care Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Renal Intensive Care, dialysis machines equipment and Hepatic Care.
when the industrialist Holger Crafoord met Professor Nils Alwall, Gambro as a Swedish company was founded in Lund in 1964 , Professor Nils Alwall, who had invented an artificial kidney,in 1961 at a social event and listened to his story. It was so impressive, he felt compelled to develop and market this life-saving innovation (dialysis).
For decades, Gambro has led the market in kidney care development and has been first to market with many groundbreaking innovations. The company started mass production of
dialysis machines and artificial kidneys in 1967 and in 1973 they opened a new plant in Germany.
Gambro was founded in 1964 and has production facilities dialysis centers in 11 countries, more than 8 000 dialysis machines employees, sales who nows about dialysis and dialysis machines in more than 100, sales subsidiaries in more than 40 countries.
Gambro is the only clinic-independent company and by designing and delivering complete solutions to dialysis clinics and intensive care units, Gambro offers not just improved dialysis treatment quality, but also improved efficiency of dialysis equipments.
Gambro is a worldwide business staffed by dialysis People work in different environments but have a common human focus and commitment to saving lives by dialysis from more than 40 countries. There’s something special about working for Gambro.
By focusing on innovation and building true partnerships with customers we save lives and improve kidney care.that is gambro purpose, to be the leading innovator and the preferred partner for dialysis providers worldwide.
Gambro business objectives are to be the leader in growth, customer satisfaction and value creation.
GAMBRO VALUES AND OPERATING PRINCIPLES:
- Customer focus: Gambro always strive to exceed customer expectations and keep dialysis patient safety and quality as a key priority.
- Accountability- is not just a word. As a company, and as individuals, Gambro hold hemselves accountable to his customers, team members and partners by delivering on our commitments.
- Team work- people are the biggest asset of the company and teamwork is key to Gambro success.
- Integrity- conduct business in an ethical manner with courage to do the right thing.
- Results- are what count and Gambro continuously seeking ways to improve his business.
QUALITY AND SAFETY OF GAMBRO
The quality and safety processes of Gambro are constantly reviewed and improved in order to exceed meet or the highest standards in gambro industry.
The fully committment of Gambro team to designing, manufacturing and supplying safe and high quality products and services that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
Gambro consistently focus on customer needs, learning and growth within the organization and the company’s internal processes In order to fulfill international and national requirements, guidelines and policies. This helps ensure that all Gambro activities, both internally and externally, advance the best long-term interest for customers as well as patients.
THE MARKET OF GAMBRO
The global industry providing dialysis is becoming more consolidated and Innovation in the field of dialysis is essential becouse of the lives of a growing number of patients every year saved by Dialysis.
therapy treating organ failure outside the body, or Kidney (renal) dialysis was the world’s first extracorporeal therapy. Kidney dialysis the only alternative today. Renal dialysis remains vital to a growing number of patients around the world. kidney transplantation, is precluded for most patients due to a shortage of donor organs.
For new applications,to remove other fluids and toxins from chronically and acutely ill patients, Dialysis technology is also being developed such as liver dialysis and the emerging field of extracorporeal therapies being developed.
In markets Dialysis patient growth is increasing by 8-10 percent a year In countries with larger populations and fast-developing economies like China and India.In U.S., Europe and Japan, with larger elderly populations and rising rates of wealth, and with that increased incidence of lifestyle-related conditions such as diabetes and hypertension, The number of kidney dialysis patients is growing steadily. the number of patients is increasing by 3-4 percent a year.
THE GAMBRO STORY
It all started with the industrialist Holger Crafoord met the inventor at a social event and listened to his story .
The first artificial kidney invented by Professor Nils Alwall. Just three years later, in 1964. It was so impressive, he felt compelled to develop and market this life-saving innovation.
Development work began in Lund, Sweden. The company adopted the name Gambro, which comes from the Swedish abbreviation for “Gamla Brogatans Sjukvårdsaffär Aktiebolag". Roughly translated, that means “Old Bridge Street Medical Supplies Company". Mass-production of single-use artificial kidneys and dialysis machines began in 1967. The company’s first plant outside Sweden was built in Hechingen, Germany in the 1970s.
During the last three decades, Hospal, COBE, REN and Vivra have all been added to the Gambro Group. REN and Vivra are now divested as Gambro has sold all US clinics to US dialysis company DaVita.that is mean the acquisitions have helped broaden Gambro’s range of products and services.
Indap AB, indirectly jointly-owned by EQT and Investor AB announced on April 3, 2006 a public cash offer to the shareholders of Gambro to acquire all outstanding shares in Gambro. The new ownership structure of Gambro became effective in June 2006.
Milestones in the Gambro Story:
- 1964 Gambro was founded in Lund by Holger Crafoord, an industrialist who decided to develop and market the artificial kidney.
- 1967 The dialyzer “Ad-modum-Alwall” is launched.
- 1973 The first plant outside Sweden is opened in Hechingen, Germany.
- 1977 The AK-10, the first computerized dialysis machine, is introduced at a renal care congress in Helsinki Finland.
- 1983 Gambro shares are listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
- 1987 Hospal (a European company founded in 1977 by the merger of Sandoz and Rhône-Poulenc) is acquired and the BiCart-cartridge is launched.
- 1988 Launch of COBE Spectra Apheresis System.
- 1990 COBE (American company founded in 1964 – active in renal care, blood component technology and cardiovascular surgery) is acquired.
- 1991 First Gambro dialysis clinic is opened in Lund, Sweden.
- 1996 Gambro becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Incentive, an international technology based industrial group.
- 1997 Launch of Trima Automated Blood Collection System.
- 1998 Incentive changes its name to Gambro, heralding the start of a new era.
- 2000 COBE BCT changes its name to Gambro BCT.
- 2001 The new state-of-the-art plant for production of dialyzers opened in Germany.
- 2003 Gambro BCT reached USD 200 million in sales.
- 2004 Gambro celebrates its 40th anniversary.
- Gambro sells US clinics and establishes strategic alliance with DaVita and Baxter.
- In December 2005, Gambro BCT reached its sales target of USD 300 million.
- 2006 Indap AB, new owners of Gambro
- 2007 With the divesture of Gambro Health Care, Gambro became the only global clinic-independent company with a full range of products, covering all renal therapies within Peritoneal Dialysis, Self Care hemodialysis, In-Center hemodialysis, Renal Intensive Care and Hepatic Care